Frequently Asked Questions
Can males be involved in FIRST Ladies?
- Of course! We are a community for women, girls, and supporters for girls in STEM. Everyone is welcome to participate!
- FIRST Ladies is run by three co-directors from the FRC team Girls of steel (3504). More information about us can be found on our Instagram! @ladiesinfirst
- ANY team can become a regional partner. All you need to do is fill out this form. You will have access to our support materials so you can run your own outreach events, and be able to connect with other partners across the globe! Your team will also have the opportunity to earn the FIRST Ladies Certificate of Recognition. Email us for even more information!
Can I write a blog covering____________?
- Yes! You can write your blog covering pretty much any subject. Keep in mind that the audience will be primarily middle, high school, and college girls. You do not need our permission on a topic before writing a blog. Once reading your blog, we may email you with questions or clarifications before posting.
- Whenever you have time! In starting up the weekly blog posts again, we are trying to stockpile as many blogs as possible.
- This is also flexible. We would prefer to receive blogs sooner rather than later, but we also want FIRST Ladies blogs to be thoughtful and well-written.
- This is a question we don't have an answer to yet. In past years, blogs were posted every Saturday, but if we receive a large quantity of blogs, we may post more frequently. Every blog we receive (barring blogs we feel inappropriate) will be posted starting this September. If your blog is time-sensitive, let us know!
- Please email your finished blog to email@example.com. You can attach your blog as a Google or Word document, or put your blog in the body of the email.
- Absolutely! However, we would prefer any pictures used to be your own. Make sure you have the permission of any person who is in the picture before using their picture. If using a picture that is not your own, please cite your source near the picture or in the bottom of the blog.
- This is up to the writer. In the past, blogs have ranged from a few paragraphs to a few pages. We care more about quality than quantity.
- Yes! You are welcome to write as many blogs as you want to covering as many subjects as you want to. Note that we will try to avoid posting multiple blogs from the same author one after another