Frequently Asked Questions
Can males be involved in FIRST Ladies?
- Of course! We are a community for women, girls, and supporters for girls in STEM. Everyone is welcome to participate!
- As of November 2017, there are over 1100 registered FIRST Ladies from 18 countries around the world!
- FIRST Ladies is run through two program directors, a series of regional FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST Robotics Challenge partners from across the United States, and a handful of national partners in Israel, Mexico, and Australia.
- Regional partners retain their partnership for one season, and must reapply at the end of each season. At the end of the school year in May/June, FIRST Ladies will put out an application for Regional Partners for the upcoming season. From their applications, the FIRST Ladies Directors will then select teams to fill Regional Partner roles.
Can I write a blog covering____________?
- Yes! You can write your blog covering pretty much any subject. Keep in mind that the audience will be primarily middle, high school, and college girls. You do not need our permission on a topic before writing a blog. Once reading your blog, we may email you with questions or clarifications before posting.
- Whenever you have time! In starting up the weekly blog posts again, we are trying to stockpile as many blogs as possible.
- This is also flexible. We would prefer to receive blogs sooner rather than later, but we also want FIRST Ladies blogs to be thoughtful and well-written.
- This is a question we don't have an answer to yet. In past years, blogs were posted every Saturday, but if we receive a large quantity of blogs, we may post more frequently. Every blog we receive (barring blogs we feel inappropriate) will be posted starting this September. If your blog is time-sensitive, let us know!
- Please email your finished blog to email@example.com. You can attach your blog as a Google or Word document, or put your blog in the body of the email.
- Absolutely! However, we would prefer any pictures used to be your own. Make sure you have the permission of any person who is in the picture before using their picture. If using a picture that is not your own, please cite your source near the picture or in the bottom of the blog.
- This is up to the writer. In the past, blogs have ranged from a few paragraphs to a few pages. We care more about quality than quantity.
- Yes! You are welcome to write as many blogs as you want to covering as many subjects as you want to. Note that we will try to avoid posting multiple blogs from the same author one after another